JavaScript and Me
Well it's been a long time since I posted anything, in fact I totally forgot I set this blog up lol. I'm not a fan of pre-built sites like this because I personally like to write my own from scratch.
So it's been 2 years since I last visited this site and a lot has changed since then. I have fallen in love with JavaScript and have learned a lot more about web development in general. Back when I first started this blog I was just interested in learning how to design for the web and was content with with leaving all the development to the devs. Well I don't know what happened, but along the way I discovered that I like to code. It's was a challenge at first, but like anything the more you do it the easier it becomes. No longer do I use Flash as a web site generator lol. If I use Flash at tall these days it's for video and sound, basically stuff that I can't easily achieve with the native languages of the web ( HTML / CSS / JavaScript.Things have changed a lot in this area as well. Browsers are becoming more and more in line with the standards and implementing all the stuff that was once only achieved with Flash. Today we have local storage and powerful css3 animations and transitions as well as an endless sea of JavaScript libraries to choose from. No longer is Flash the soul provider of such add ons. Today the web developer has almost too many choices to choose from to create whatever is needed to provide the user an experience they could only dream of on a desktop application.
It is the purpose of this blog, for me to write about my findings and experiences with these said technologies. I have come to love JavaScript, and I specialize in the JavaScript stack of Backbone in the front end, Nodejs on the backend of MongoDB for the web store. So hold on to your butts as I take you with me on this wonderful joruney into modern web development.
Thanks for reading...
No comments:
Post a Comment